Resin driveways, if laid professionally, can last up to 25 years. If installed by rogue builders or con-men, expect problems. These usually arise within a short space of time after work is carried out by unprofessional or inexperienced builders. To give you an idea of what to look out for, here are the five most common resin drive problems:
- Wrong depth – if the depth of the drive is not right, patches of resin or cracks may appear under the surface.
- Cracks on the resin drive – when the incorrect mixture is used when making the resin, cracking may also appear on the surface.
- Movement of sub-base – it’s essential to get expansion joints cut correctly when a resin drive is laid on top of tarmac or concrete. Due to temperature change, concrete moves and the resin with it. If expansion joints are cut incorrectly, again cracks may appear.
- Streaking – the mixing of resin with aggregate should be carried out properly, around three minutes. If mixed any longer, stones may absorb the resin resulting in a streaking appearance or stripes.
- White patches – professionals should always lay a resin driveway on a dry day. It can be risky laying on a wet day due to setting times, too long and the stones will become damp. Tell-tale signs of this are white patches on the driveway itself.
- Get in touch with the professionals such as Resintop
If you have experienced problems with your drive, get in touch with us here at Resintop. We can carry out the necessary work needed to repair bad resin driveways without delay. Whether a residential or commercial driveway, our dedicated professionals will get on with the task in hand. This could be the repairing of resin-bound patios, courtyards, interiors or commercial space driveways.
Only the best materials are used with an extensive selection of resin stone to choose from. All of our work is guaranteed UV resistant and comes with a manufacturer’s warranty. We offer a 15 year guarantee on all driveways as well as a quick installation with minimum mess. With all of our resin driveway repair work, benefit from high-quality workmanship and an efficient service. No resin driveway repair job is too big or too small for our team, so give us a call or contact one of our advisers online.